Tuesday, April 22, 2014

How to make Marshmallow Pops


 

 
I made some mallow pops for my little darling’s first birthday. It looked so pretty, was so easy to make and oh so yummy! I’m glad that it was enjoyed not just by kids but also by the kids at heart. And all the positive feedback that I got is truly overwhelming, so as requested here's the step by step guide.
 

What you need:
  • Large marshmallows
  • Goya Easy Melt chocolate buttons ( white and dark)
  • McCormick food coloring
  • Candy sprinkles
  • Lollipop sticks
  • And some ribbons


How to Melt the Chocolate:
Put 10 pieces of chocolate buttons into a cup, and then heat it in the microwave for about a minute. Put a tiny drop of the food coloring and mix well. To avoid too much coloring, you may use a toothpick or a dropper.


What to do next:

1.     Neatly tie a cute ribbon on each lolli sticks.

2.     Melt some white chocolates. Dip the end of the stick to the melted chocolate and insert it carefully at the center of the mallow. Do as much as you want and then chill in the fridge for a minute.




 3.     Use a spoon to scoop the melted chocolate then slightly dip the sides and top of the mallows. Make 7-10 per batch (as long as it won’t stick together) and put them in a small glass.

4.      Now it’s time to play, use your fingers to garnish it. You may decorate the sides or the top or both. I only had 4 different sprinkles but I was able to make 6 different designs. It’s up to you, be creative!

 
 
5.    Put it back to the fridge for at least 2 minutes. And you’re done! Happy munch!
 
Where to Buy:
For a one-stop shop, I went to Chocolate Lover Incorporated  in Q.C. for the ingredients.


  *But if you don’t want to go there, you could also find what you need from the grocery stores; look at these great colored sprinkles and chocolates I found in SM Hypermart. or even in your local Public Market (baking needs section)

 

How to Make the Marshmallow Pop Holder/Stand:
-          Buy a square size, 1-inch thick Styrofoam from the bookstore.
-          Cut, arrange it and then stick a toothpick on each corner so it won’t separate.
-          Cover with it with cartolina paper
-          And enhance it with some washi tapes.
Have fun!!!
 
 
 

 

4 comments:

  1. I wish I have read this before my son celebrate his birthday. Anyway, I can still use this for his birthday next year naman. Thanks sis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I helped my sister do this during the Christmas to give out to her inaanaks. Really simple but kids love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't made this in the same way but I'm glad to learn something new today. My daughters would love to have this for her next birthday.

    ReplyDelete