Tuesday, September 16, 2014

60th Birthday Surprise!


Unlike most women having trouble with the mother of their husband, I am just so glad and thankful to have a very loving and supportive mother-in-law. She celebrated her birthday this month, 60th! So when my sister-in-law asked me to help her plan and set-up a surprise for the celebrant, I immediately said yes. Of course I would love to make her birthday extra special as well.

At exactly 30 minutes before her birthday, my pregnant sister-in-law, her husband, my hubby and I arranged a little surprise for our “Mama Sol”. We placed 60 Orchids (celebrant’s favorite) all over the house, beginning from the staircase at the second floor down to the kitchen and at the living room. Some pompoms, pinwheel, ribbons, tarpaulin, flowers and the number 60 balloons were added to the set-up. We were able to finish them in less than 2 hours. However, since we did the preparation super late that night, we were unable to wake up early to take a snap or capture her reaction when she went down at 4am, sad! But anyways, my mom-in-law said that our wonderful surprise made her cry, aww... tears of joy! Plus a surprise breakfast was also served to her at 8am.







And then followed by a sumptuous buffet dinner with the entire family. She was truly... fabulous at 60!

11 comments:

  1. Wow 60 orchids? Effort! Happy 60th birthday to your mother-in-law!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great idea for 60th birthday! Your mother in-law looks so young for being 60. Happy birthday and lot of wishes. Thanks for sharing Sis:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. She looks stunning too. Most women have problems with their MIL and just like my MIL is very supportive of us. So we are lucky :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you. My boyfriend's mom is not really friendly terms with me at all. I hope it will change once we tied the knot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I love the 60 orchids idea! How I wish my mom is still here woth us and I can prepare a surprise party for her with all her favorite orchids.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so sweet celebrating your mom in law's birthday with flowers.Happy belated birthday to her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is sweet. 60 orchids? SO many! I guess it really showed how much she is loved. You are lucky. Not many gets along with their mother in law.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a lot of orchids! She must have felt so loved then and it was great of you to collaborate with your in-law to make Mommy Sol happy. Blessed birthday to her! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The idea of placing 60 orchids around the house is very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a very thoughtful act from all of you. All the hardwork at night was all worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, that's a lot of orchids. I remember my mom likes orchids, too. Your Mom Sol is blessed to have wonderful people around her.

    ReplyDelete