Wednesday, February 5, 2014

My IPAD was Stolen at Cardinal Santos Hospital!


     

              The worst part my January was the last! January 31, 2014 – Chinese New Year. I lost my IPAD, well actually it was stolen inside our room at the Pedia floor of Cardinal Santos Medical Center.

               I placed it at the back of the bedside drawer before I sleep that night; not on top, so nobody could see it. However, I found out that morning, that it was already gone.

              Nurses, Doctors or the busboy from dietary usually goes inside our room even at night. And I just didn’t want any more knocking to wake up my sick baby, so I did not lock the door; my biggest mistake! I KNOW! (me, being defensive J).

               I was able to view the CCTV footage with the help of the hospital security personnel and their customer service associate. We found out that at around five in the morning, a small guy, wearing purple stripped jacket, “maong” pants and a sling bag, went to the hospital for no other reason but to steal. He entered the building through the ER gate, went straight the elevator up to the 2nd floor. Out of the 20 rooms of that floor he only touched 3 doors, all happened to be unlocked; must be his lucky day. He stayed for 2-3 minutes in each room. When he noticed some people at the hallway he just pretended to be using his phone, texting, waiting for the right timing to enter another door. And then walk away the premise through the lobby.

              Although there was pretty clear image from the cctv. The guy was wearing a medical mask, covering big part of his face, which he didn’t remove until he reached the main road outside the hospital (Wilson Street, San Juan).
              I advised them, that for security reason, all people coming into the building should remove their mask, cap and shades upon entering the hospital. Even for just few seconds, so they’ll have a screenshot of each person’s face. And they agreed to my suggestion.
               It was a nightmare for me! But I'm still thankful to God that no one got hurt, especially our little one.
               I just wish I’ve set up the icloud feature of my tablet, so it will be easier for us to locate the IPAD or to delete all the saved files on it, even after the incident.
             I think it’s absolutely essential for everyone who has an APPLE phone or tablet to do that. Better safe than sorry!





No comments:

Post a Comment