Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Ice Cream Fun at Kool Kids


We used to get different answers from Shaun, when asked of what he would like to become when he grows up; to be a doctor, to be a pilot or to be a policeman. But recently he has been pretty consistent with his response-- “to be an ICE CREAM VENDOR, so I can eat cookies and cream every day!” toink! We laugh about it but he seems sure with his decision.  =)

 So when hubby and I were checking on some restaurants along Kapitolyo, Pasig City, and saw this unique ice cream shop, we immediately thought of bringing him there. Looking at the menu, I didn’t see any cookies and cream, fortunately the staff said they could make one for us, since they still have the needed ingredients. As expected Shaun loved it! Not just the ice cream but the whole experience.  Because, unlike the usual dessert being served, KOOL KIDS shop makes instant ice cream using liquid nitrogen over an electric mixer. Upon seeing how it’s done, Shaun’s exact words were-- “wow… amazing!”


Of course we asked if it’s really safe to eat something that has liquid nitrogen. They said yes, because it evaporates quickly anyway. Checking online, top chefs around the world uses the same technique to make gourmet ice cream.




amazing cloud of vapor

We tried three flavors; (1) rocky road – so-so! (2) Nutella –scrumptious! And (3) cookies and cream – kid’s favorite! They were all flavorful, smooth and creamy in texture, not too sweet, taste just right! It doesn’t come cheap though, P120 per small cup and 190 per large cup. Nevertheless, it was worth it! I just wish they could mix fresh fruits in the future.

*P.S. this is not a paid post or sponsored review, just sharing my personal opinion.

18 comments:

  1. Craving for some ice cream as of the moment of seeing this post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, that's amazing! I think any kid who would see that would want to be an ice cream man, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Making your own ice cream is fun. All kids love ice cream and even us adults, hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that sounds like a whole lot of fun. My kids are ice cream fanatic as well and even ME hehehe, carving for some ice cream after reading your post.:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! My son would enjoy it there. I noticed that there are so many nice places to eat now in Kapitolyo. I rarely get to go coz we live in the south. But when I used to work there years ago, it wasn't that exciting there yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ang cool I think it would be a great experience for kids to be there :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I actually had one full medium size cup of ice cream after our volleyball championship match last Thursday. It was so so refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting! I think using that kind of liquid nitrogen is pretty safe. They wouldn't use it if otherwise. We have LN2 (liquid nitrogen) din sa office, pero I think it's of a different kind kasi we use it for cold testing integrated chips. It's a commercial one ata. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was cool.. Did you also see Marks Creamery along kapitolyo? Their ice cream variants are also unique with different nuts like pistachio, macadamia etc..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds fun! Pistachio is my hubby's fave flavor. We will surely drop by soon! Thanks!

      Delete
  10. It is too cool to forget what you're getting while doing your work as an ice cream maker.

    ReplyDelete
  11. P120 for a small cup is ice cream is indeed pricey.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Whao.. a change to make your own ice-cream. My boys tried that once at Kidzania in Korea when we were there two years ago. Super fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really a new way to enjoy ice cream! I smiled when I read Shaun's reason as to why he wants to be an ice cream vendor, hahaha! Medyo mahal nga for 120 but the seeing your son beaming is priceless, I'm sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I suddenly crave for ice cream. hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  15. Reading this again made me crave for ice cream again! Pero bawal!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I too am thinking about ice-cream reading this again.. but this time I will be trying using it to make oreo milkshake instead :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. The ice cream looks really good. We are going to have some tonight!:)Yum!

    ReplyDelete