Monday, August 11, 2014

The Other Side of Motherhood


It’s always nice to see photos of adorable little kids, shared on social media; they’re just too darn cute! But wait until you see the entire picture yourself! =) When you have your own kids you will learn that it isn’t all “bright and happy moments.” Yes, you’ll be constantly surrounded by sweetness, lots of hugs and giggles, so adorable! But it’s not that simple, they’re so precious that it feels scary sometimes.
See photo below. It was rather a peaceful morning, when my son was busy watching TV and my baby was sleeping soundly in her crib. Thought I could take a quick shower! Sophia suddenly cried while I was soaping myself in the bathroom. And then my son kept on shouting that his baby sister was already awake. So I quickly rinse myself, grab the towel and run into the crib! It was indeed an intense moment, so I decided to take my “very first” selfie snap, shared the photo (#yayaless) to my friends and just laughed about it.


Kids tend to do things they shouldn’t do, and no matter how careful you are, accidents do happen. Let me share with you some of my own not so proud mommy moments:
At 9 months old, Shaun got curious and inserted his finger in the fan while on a walker. Thank goodness it was just a small plastic fan, leaving some small cut on his fingers. Take note there were 4 adults in the house when it happened =(
Just last Thursday night, Sophia being active as always! Run towards the bed, accidentally fell and hit her face on the bed frame! Her left eyelid immediately turned gray, I felt really scared! plus it breaks my heart to see her in so much pain. huhu! I just pressed a coin into the bruise and apply a cold compress. Thankfully she was active and happy again the next day.
When you’re a mom, you’ll always be held responsible for your kid’s behavior, no matter what! Ever wonder why it’s just so hard to hire a nanny? Well the answer is very simple; “it is no joke to be surrounded by kids.” Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy and love being a mom. It may be overwhelming sometimes, but it’s truly awesome and so rewarding. Ain’t easy but it’s all worth it!  
Do you have your own bad mommy or daddy moments to share?

11 comments:

  1. I feel you sis. It's not all about happy, fun moments. I had so many bad mommy moments that will forever haunt me. One is when my son had a burnt accident.
    I am a first time mom and even if it's more than 4 years now, everyday is a learning experience for me. Everyday no matter how much I do my best, it isn't enough and still give me this mommy guilt. All I do is to trust God that He will keep my son safe all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I already have two kids, and most of day they were left in the Yaya's care becausev husband and I need to work outside. It hurt me to see them with bruises or cuts because of minor accidents but I can't scold the Yaya. Because kids are kids minor accidents do happen because of their actions, unless if the Yaya will intentionally hurt them, that's another story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have plenty of those bad moments. One was the same as your child's hitting the bed frame. But my 2-year old son had it really bad, her whole cheek turned gray and had a dent (parang sasakyan no?), I think he also had a black eye. It took a long time before it healed, months, but I'm glad that it healed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of the most unforgettable incident we had is when Matt get burnt by hot water from the thermos and it happened on exactly on my birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hear you sis! I had lots of episodes where I had to ran out of the shower because baby suddenly woke up. It is really scary as hell when you see them hurt too. I get shivers pag nagkakapasa or sugat ang anak ko especially sa face. Oh mommy woes noh? Pero wala naman kapantay yung saya ng pagiging isang mom:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My pamangkins had so many mishaps too when they were growing up. My second brother even injured himself from the broken glasses in the pond when he was a toddler! I'm sure it's a phase... very soon, they'll be on their own minus the accidents!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel you Sis, I always been in that situation where taking a shower is like washing hand ganoon kabilis. My kids is always been active and they tend to hurt themselves on the process at natuto naman. Its always amazing being a MOM:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww I feel you! Even if I have a yaya, I still feel like a full-time SAHM because I work from home, and I'm totally hands-on with my son. Don't worry. Like what I always tell myself, this season will pass!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my! Seeing the photo above, I can feel the pain on his fingers too! :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. I remember my son's fingers got busted because of the cabinet door. Naipit ba na naman as is super iyak at duper duguan fingers, but after few minutes nalimutan na nya ang sakit balik ulit play sa cabinet door..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those will pass and you will miss the moments. the scary moments, you will laugh at them in the future. I had my share of kids' mishaps and when I talk about them to my kids (two teens and one 9 year old), they laugh at it

    ReplyDelete