Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Outdoor Photo Shoot for Baby Sophia's First Birthday

            Beginning of April, I’ve been really busy doing all the DIY props for my daughter’s first birthday. There are just a lot of nice and cute crafts one could make for a little girls party, I was able to make the Pinwheel, Pompoms, Banner, Buntings, Loot bags and even some Marshmallow Pops for the dessert table . I also wanted to have both indoor and outdoor photo shoot of her.  Normally, a professional photographer will charge around 5,000Php per session. Of course, we don’t want to spend that much, since we have our own camera. The goal is, to capture all the special moments of her 1st birthday for lifelong keepsakes. So we just did everything ourselves, hubby as the photographer and myself as the over-all assistant. Mind you, it is never easy to take children’s photo but it was certainly all worth it! J

A day before our darling’s birthday celebration, we did the outdoor shoot at Rainforest Park in Pasig City. We only paid Php10/person upon entering the maze garden. No additional fee for the pictorial, you just have to ask permission, nicely! J






We were supposed to do the photo shoot at 9AM, but the kids didn’t wake up until 10:30am. There was plant watering at the park scheduled at 3PM. That's why we did the pictorial at around two in the afternoon, which was Sophie’s nap time. So she got really tired after we’ve taken just a few shots.



Family portrait… FAIL! =(

 Our little star cried and didn’t even want to face the camera. She kept on saying “mama,” crawled toward me and wanted to be nursed (yes, in public!).  She was definitely not hungry, just wanted me to comfort her that way. It’s her birthday, so who was I to complain? I just did it as discreetly as possible.

               
                Oh wait! Have you noticed hubby’s cellphone? (Scroll up again pls!) He used it as a camera remote. He has a Samsung Phone and a Nikon Camera.  He installed an application called “DSLR Remote,” which uses Infrared to take a snap from a distance. Nice app!

                 It was one fine afternoon at the park, after all!





*************

If you enjoy reading this, Please like it on Facebook


and share it with your family and friends. THANKS! =) 

21 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to your little one.. lovely birthday pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've been to Pasig Rainforest Park only once and I think it's a great park with various theme for your family to explore! Happy birthday to your baby girl! It must be really tough to capture great snapshots especially when they're not in the mood. But it seems fine naman! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! the park is way better now. My son enjoyed the train ride for only ten pesos! :)

      Delete
  3. I love that app...I'll search if it's applicable to canon dslr.. Nice photoshoot.. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh cool, I will try to look for an app for my phone also that will allow me to shoot remotely. I also have a Nikon DSLR. :) Nice photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hear you girl, that's what's happen to me when my little one turned one last month. I was obsess buying stuff for her party decoration and end up didn't use everything. I didn't even get a chance to take photos because I'm very busy entertaining my guests but luckily my friend helped me out taking a snap in every moment of the party. It was fun I know you did too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday to your little one. It always amazing to celebrate kiddies party:) Lovely pictures:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice photos! Thanks for sharing the phone app! Pwede kaya ung sa Canon?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what a nice outdoor photo shoot for your girl's birthday! The first photo shows that both the kids enjoyed naman, very nice! Happy birthday to your darling daughter! Oh, and I nurse in public, too. You're doing a great job, mommy!

    P.S. Napascroll up ako about the app tuloy, hihi! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think the photos says it all how amazing to have such a cutie baby girl. I love the props it makes the whole thing look wonderful.:) Thanks for sharing Sis

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with the app. I think my SLR is not capable of this unless I will buy IR accessory.
    Nice photo shoots by the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad you agree daddy Allan! :)
      there's also the same phone app which uses bluetooth instead, you might have that feature on your camera.

      Delete
  11. I'll copy your idea sis. I'll ask hubby that we'll do our own photo shoot too for our Jewel's 1st Birthday by November.. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. absolutely sis! it's a fun and exciting experience, esp since you'll do it for your little sweetheart's celebration.

      Delete
  12. Nice family photos. And I love how colorful they are :) I wish we can take family outdoor photos too. Hay no time to go out na kasi.

    Mommy Maye
    www.momaye.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cool remote tool. Thanks for that tip. One day that will be useful for my dslr.
    It is her birthday and she can cry if she wants to! The family picture is still lovely. It captured the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, you didn't do so bad with those photos given the little time you had. Great job! And thanks for the tip about the shutter remote. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy birthday to your baby! I, too remember the time I was so crafty and creative for my son's birthday, but that was a loooong time ago! I love the pinwheels and pompoms! My friend also introduced us to the DSLR remote!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my hubby sometimes uses his phone also as remote control for TV and AC. amazing technologies! :)

      Delete