Thursday, June 19, 2014

Fun in Babywearing, Loving the Baby Sling!


Babies love to be cuddled and held (close to your heart), especially the newborns, and one great way to make it a lot easier for parents is by using a “Sling.” It’s called BABY WEARING- carrying a baby using a cloth baby carrier. There are lots of different kinds in the market; you’ll just have to choose based on your little one’s age and weight.

I personally enjoyed using the pouch and the ring sling type to my baby Sophia. I started using them when she was about 2 months old. It’s a lifesaver! For I was able to comfortably wear her, and have all the household or shopping done.

Wearing your baby in a sling may seem complicated, but it’s not. I’m a visual learner, so I just searched on YouTube, for the easiest way to use my type of carrier. You'll just have to  make sure your baby is safe, comfortable and happy.

They say you may actually use a sling from birth until the child is 4-years of age. But I stopped using it when Sophia turned 11 months old, she gained weight and I could no longer bear the pressure on my shoulders. So now it’s daddy’s turn to wear her, and it looks like she’s totally enjoying the ride! =)








If you enjoy reading this, Please like it on Facebook

and share it with your family and friends. THANKS! =) 


15 comments:

  1. I want to try sling too. Hopefully pag may new baby na kami :) Ang cute ni baby mo sis, she's so chunky hehe...

    Mommy Maye
    www.ourfamilyblogsabout,.info

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! She's truly a wonderful baby girl :)

      Delete
  2. Your hubby is very cool like me! When we had a new baby, for sure, I will also wear that sling when Mommy bought one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Daddy A, you could actually make a crochet baby sling! I saw some great patterns online. I'm sure you or mommy Maye can do it perfectly! :)

      Delete
  3. A pretty cool way to carry the baby safely. Look at her! She looks so happy being carried by daddy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Babywearing is fun, especially when there's lots of practice. I wore my baby once and I really love the feeling of her close to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. definitely! And people just cant help but smile when they see a daddy wearing the sling in public! cheers to cool dads!

      Delete
  5. Your daughter is super cute! Babywearing is actually one of my mothering regrets. I didn't know about it when my 2yo was born, and by the time I learned about it, he was already too big to be worn.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The baby sling is really a great innovation to help every mommy carry her child comfortably with her. I believe this comes in various sizes too, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes! you have to choose the perfect sling, based on the carrier's size and the baby's age & weight.

      Delete
  7. I love the idea of sling cloth baby carrier, but didn't get one for my girl because I still have the other type of baby carrier from her kuya.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never had this type of sling I bought another kind but it doesn't work pretty well for me so I bought a baby carrier instead but never use them anymore since my baby start walking..

    ReplyDelete
  9. I tried that sling before when the kids were young but didn't really like it as it wasn't really hands free using it. It didn't work when the kids were more then 5mths as they were too heavy or move about too much in it. Only worked for my kids when they were newborn. I invested in an Ergo carrier and really loved it and used it till they were 2-3 yrs old.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your daughter is really enjoying her Papa ride with the sling.. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Its super cute naman, talagang super bonding si Sophia tsaka ang Dad. It look so stylish as well. Perfect for travel or even grocery shopping too..:)

    ReplyDelete